Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Allentown? Normally, you have three significant sectors of the home for video surveillance: your principal entryway, the outside perimeter, and strategic interior positions. Even though your security installer is able to advise where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Don’t Forget To Protect Your Main Entrance
Although you might find it unlikely that a criminal would try to simply walk in your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions occur at this passageway. There are also porch pirates among other threats to consider. A doorbell camera is perfect to handle all of these worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Video doorbells are nice as you have the ability to chat with all guests who come and press the button. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer every ring with two-direction audio and live video and look like you’re home. Then if a person attempts something nefarious, you are able to have your video doorbell document the event on video and send it to your smartphone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult assignment. Fortunately, there are a few beneficial suggestions to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is well protected.
- Cameras at the corners of your Allentown residence offer a large viewing angle, seeing two segments of your yard.
- Just below an overhanging eave or directly into a length of trim or siding are ideal locations for cameras as they will be somewhat hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, as the garage door is an easier access point for burglars than you might believe!
- Above a patio or sliding door -- or any entrance that can’t be seen from the sidewalk.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you prune any bushes or tree limbs that could obscure your view.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Best Results From Your Interior Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your residence in Allentown. But the additional versatility means you have additional aspects to contemplate:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are closed and locked, the sunshine through a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your camera’s video feed. Aim the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a guard tower, a surveillance device installed in a high place will have a wider field of vision. Consider putting your cameras at the top of bookcases or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your surveillance system won’t be able to safeguard your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Install your indoor units in a spot where children or pets can’t tamper with them. Consider mounting or another means of attaching them to be certain they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best surveillance system will fail to be of much use if you have a decorative item or plant blocking the view. On the other hand, potted plants and other decor items also have the ability to hide your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Simply contact (601) 298-3167 or submit the form below to arrange a consultation.