Modern smart security installations have become more capable every year. Even so, it doesn't take much to fail to perform simple security chores like activating your home security, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
What if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these things in the future? With geofencing in Allentown, you can simply leave the house and have your home security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Allentown For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary around your house, which you can customize within your smart security app. This modern home security option then utilizes your cell phone to determine when you cross the perimeter and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components utilize to communicate with one another. This innovative approach assists your home security by grouping all devices onto one, unified network. You can institute specific boundaries around your house and designate the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, when you exit your driveway, you could instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will notify your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Here are several of the technologies you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices like TVs or appliances
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Allentown. When you download the ADT Control app, you can make the most of automation. Just tap your phone, and you can:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart components to operate at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to lower to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make particular equipment activate when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat turn on the connected fan when the fire alarm is set off. Or switch on your hallway lighting if your security camera senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that function in concert with each other. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the temperature go down, and the locks activate at the end of the day. Or set the mood for TV night with preset light and temperature levels.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to arm the security system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Allentown
Whether you seek extra certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (601) 298-3167 or submit the form below to start designing your optimal security system.