Home security cameras can solely be used as a warning—a display that notifies criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, modern security cameras come equipped with an array of additions all designed to deliver total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording capabilities and 2-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these features enable you to have the most from security cameras in Allentown.
How To Set Up Your Allentown Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is mounting them in the right areas around your home. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in high traffic areas like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a smart idea to have a camera near main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to pass to access the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear sightline of your patio, front walk, front and patio, shed, and other outdoor separated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your front door through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas within your interior that aren’t quite as imperative to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom may hinder your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you need a measure of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Video Surveillance
Camera layout is only the foundation for extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Allentown. The innovations described below help to elevate security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic messages on your phone whenever abnormal activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to start capturing footage when movements are discovered which helps increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your security cameras to record and back up clips for easy viewing anytime.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually converse with people with the device. Through your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re inside or talk to your kids as they come back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more comprehensive look at any space. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120-degree coverage or that have the ability to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that can capture footage of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more targeted, create activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your driveway and ignore traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send timely texts when the see unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Allentown is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system rises from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (601) 298-3167 or complete the form below to start customizing your home security system today.