Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Allentown
You know you must defend your home. Beyond everything else, it’s the place where your loved ones live and is where you have all of your belongings. But what is the ideal form of home protection? Whether or not to use 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading choices you need to make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Allentown and see what’s right for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home security system links to a third-party monitoring team that is ready to provide help at a moment’s notice. When a door sensor activates or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring agents receive an instant warning. They quickly go to work to confirm the alarm and dispatch the proper emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with professional backup. You might consider this option as self-monitored, which indicates that if your alarm goes off, you need to take action to resolve it. This possibility is the more affordable solution, but it also impacts your peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Allentown
Here’s a short overview of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup at the ready is always a good choice. If you are away from home, not awake, or without access to your cell phone, your home and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Faster response times: Monitoring agents are always ready. They’ll respond more quickly to alarms than you can by yourself.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems might qualify you for a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Top-of-the-line tools and seamless integration: When you get hardware, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security specialist, you will enjoy a fully connected system with devices that may be better than what you will discover yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Countless people would rather have the job completed by experienced professionals, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Need to sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This stipulation may be acceptable for many as home security is something you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Allentown
Here’s a brief overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: Some might consider this an advantage as they can install the system themselves and avoid an installation fee. Other residents will prefer going with a professional.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You can incorporate equipment whenever you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. With that being said, you could find incorporating into a seamless system more complex.
- You have complete control: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your alarms. If an urgent situation arises, it’s up to you to get support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you don’t have your cell phone and don’t receive a security alert? This circumstance will lead to additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your complete attention: Due to the fact you are the sole person in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No support connecting the system: If you want a helping hand during the install, you might have to hire a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be more time-consuming.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Allentown
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Allentown from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home defense system is the ideal choice for you. Call (601) 298-3167 today to get started.